Digital Gardening

Other than constant watering, who's playing in the garden in this summer heat? NOT ME! If you need a "flower fix", this is a good place to find it!

Use our blog to brag on your blooms (or at least the ones you had in cooler weather) by posting photos and comments. Ask questions of your fellow club members and share tips. You don't have to limit it to Daylilies...most of us garden addicts grow lots of other things as well. Between us all we have literally hundreds of years of experience (well, it's true). Let's take advantage of that and share our passion here. Most importantly, have fun!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Plumerias


This is my Plumeria collection. Plumerias are lots of fun to grow. I move my Plumerias to the greenhouse in November for the winter and then replant them in the garden after April 1. Moving them back and forth is lots of work because of the number of plants I have, but the reward is the blooms in Spring, Summer and Fall.

2 comments:

Donah Bohannon said...

Wow! OK, Milton...you've inspired me to get out & take pictures of my Plumeria. I'll post them this evening. Your plants are beautiful! Any tips on encouraging blooms?

Milton Nollkamper said...

Donah, according to the owner of Four Seasons Nursery, Victoria TX, whose seminar about Plumerias I attended about 3 years ago - - - Plumerias should be fertilized once per month alternating between a balanced fertilizer (10-10-10 or 20-20-20) one month and a bloom booster (I use Miracle-Gro 10-52-10)the next month. Water them regularly. Most of my plants are in full sun.